[Peace] Anti-War demo in Springfield

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Fri Nov 16 10:35:41 CST 2001

Pacifists,

The 85% Coalition, a direct action group seeking civil rights for queer
residents of Illinois, has a permit to demonstrate in the  Rotunda of the
State Capitol on Tuesday, Nov. 27th from 10 am until 11:30am. Our bill,
House Bill 101 (which would add sexual orientation to the IL Humans Rights
Act), is not going to be voted on during the fall veto session.

We thought we'd put our permit to good use and invite others to join us to
protest Atty. General Jim Ryan's repressive anti-terrorism legislation. If
approved, the Bill would give the police sweeping powers to investigate
activists under the guise of "terrorist activists."

This also a good chance to demonstrate against the war. Lots of school
groups and others fill the Capitol.

The 85% Coalition is trying to gauge how many people would be committed to
coming with us.  Please let me know if you plan to come.  We'll leave around
8am on the 27th and should return  by 2pm.  More details to follow.

Kimberlie Kranich
85% Coalition co-founder