[Peace] L.A.W.:Question the Military's Public Relations

parenti susan rose sparenti at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Sun Nov 18 21:30:54 CST 2001

Lad(d)ies against War will meet our neighbors this week, with banners and
signs, by Carle Hospital, University and Coler, Northwest side of the
street. We'll only protest on Monday and Tuesday---then resume
our protest the following week, Nov. 26.

WE WON'T BE AT THE LIBRARY, BUT AT CARLE HOSPITAL!!!

The public relations department for the military has been churning out
its story about 'cleaning up' 'winning the war' 'accomplishing our
goals"--which, given the ban on any eye-witness reporting, is THEIR story.
Propaganda, with a positive upbeat slant!! How Doris Day!!

OK, so now what do WE say?

IS the establishment of the Northern Alliance 'winning the war'?
NO.

With all the alledged 'people dancing in the street', do Americans
really trust the media coverage? NO--it's one-sided, that's
obvious.

Is bombing the ONLY WAY to a world free of terrorism---NO. Many
Americans are beginning to wonder if there is another way besides war.

What
we DO know is that laws are being passed that erode our
civil liberties, military courts are being set up to try whomever the
President wants around the world, tax breaks have all gone to the
corporations.

Yup, there's a lot to talk about between citizens, if only we had a
democracy. So let's get out there and make a little bit of democracy.