[Peace] Springfield demo 11/27

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 21 18:38:39 CST 2001

Peace and Gay Rights Activists,

President Bush's War on Terrorism has tricked down to our state legislators
who want to put gay rights on the back burner and supression of our civil
liberties on high.  Atty. General Jim Ryan's so-called Anti-Terrorism bill
is the culprit.

Don't let our lawmakers take away our rights.  Your voices are needed now
more than ever to stand up against the anti-terrorism bill, agitate for gay
rights bill House Bill 101, and call for an end to the war.  We can do all
three in one demonstration!

We need your banners and your articulate voices as we engage visitors of the
State Capitol and our lawmakers during a demonstration on Tuesday, November
27th at 10am.

We will meet in the parking lot between the Great Impasta and the Art
Theater in downtown Champaign at 8am on the 27th.  Our demonstration is from
10 am until 11:30am.  We will also try to meet with some of our lawmakers
after the demonstration.

Press releases will be faxed Monday night.

We would like no fewer than 10 people to commit to this action via email by
noon Monday.  Email for yourself and others (if you're coming in a group).
We don't need hoards of people to be effective.  There are lots of people
milling about the Capitol that need to hear our pro-gay, pro-peace,
anti-repressive legislation stance.

Pleae email me directly if you plan on going. Thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kimberlie
for the 85% Coalition