[Peace] HB 2299 update

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 26 15:44:42 CST 2001

Hi, ALL.

Some of the worst sections of the proposed Anti-Terrorism Bill have been
removed from HB 2299 (See email exchange below for more details on the
changes to the bill).  Yeah!

The proposed bill still contains some very bad policy, and we will push on
tomorrow as planned (8am in the parking lot between the Great Impasta and
The Art Theater).  See you tonight (7pm at the IMC for banner making and
song rehearsals) and tomorrow for the demo.
Kimberlie

-----Original Message-----
From: Kranich, Kimberlie
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 3:34 PM
To: 'Mary Dixon'
Subject: RE: GPSI Discussion - Fwd: [Peace] Springfield demo Tuesday

Thank you, Mary, for the updated information. That's great news!  I have
been checking your Website and it is not as up-to-date as the information
you just sent. I am thrilled with the news!

We'll still go down to serenade folks with songs of peace and to ask
visitors to resist the two major changes to Illinois Criminal Code - the
expansion of the death penalty and law enforcement's authority to wiretap
telephone conversations and review electronic correspondence without
sufficient judicial oversight.  We also want make an impression and let
lawmakers know that we are engaged active citizens watchful of our
government.

Thank you!

Kimberlie Kranich