[Peace] HB 2299

megminer megminer at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Thu Nov 29 07:38:12 CST 2001

The Senate passed 2299 yesterday with a vote of 55 yes, 0 no, and 1 present
(Shaw, D-Chicago).  They did make some changes before doing so.  To my
non-leagalese eyes, they look better than what went into the Senate's side of
the house.  A summary of the bill and the changes is at
http://www.legis.state.il.us/scripts/imstran.exe?LIBSINCWHB2299

It's back in the House now, and Winkel is a co-sponsor for this go-around.
Presumably they have to pass it today since this is the last day of the veto
session.

It doesn't look like the ACLU site has been updated with these changes; I
don't know what anyone could do about it today anyway.  I just felt like
sharing.
Meg
P.S. I can't find anything on the proposed changes to Title 71.