[Peace] Welcome to the AWARE email list!

Molly Stentz molly at onthejob.net
Mon Oct 1 15:42:21 CDT 2001

Welcome to the email list of AWARE (Anti-War, Anti-Racism Effort)!

I'd like to welcome new folks to this email list and introduce myself. You
are may be receiving email because you signed up at last night's AWARE
meeting. My name is Molly Stentz, and I will be moderating this list so
that we don't all become deluged with more email than we can deal with.

ABOUT THIS LIST. - "NETIQUETTE"
Since this email list is quite large and we want everyone to be able to
get information about events that are happening, it is now intended for
**announcements and event posts** ONLY please. Use this list to let people
know what you (or any group you are with) are organizing and to share
information about events that you know are happening around town. Use this
list to find out what others are doing so that you can get involved.

USING THIS LIST.
To post to this list, just send email to:
peace at lists.groogroo.com

SIGNING OTHERS UP TO THIS LIST.
Please tell your friends and neighbors about this list! If they are web
savvy, they can sign themselves up automatically and quickly by going to
this website:

If not, email Zach Miller and he will add you to the list.
Send email to: wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com

NEW EMAIL LIST FOR DISCUSSIONS.
A new email list for discussions about the September 11 events will be
created shortly. I will send information about that list shortly.

LOCAL EVENTS.
I will be momentarily sending out an email with all the local events that
we gathered at last night's AWARE meeting. If you know of additional
events, PLEASE send them to this list!

CONTACT INFO FOR SMALL GROUPS.
I will also momentarily send out an email with all the contact info for
the groups that were formed (and those that already exist and were
announced) at the AWARE meeting. Please use this info to make connections
and talk to others who are interested.

Take care,

-Molly Stentz
on behalf of Laura, Peter, Danielle, and the AWARE organizers