[Peace] announcement

blue2 at net66.com blue2 at net66.com
Fri Oct 5 08:39:48 CDT 2001

Achieving Equal Rights for LGBT People:
Practical approaches to achieving equality during the year 2001

       * Housing
       * Employment
       * Credit
       * Public Accommodations

Join us at the Champaign Public Library October 9th from 7-9pm
for a community meeting to discuss strategies for obtaining equal
rights in Illinois. We will share information on the history of efforts
towards equal rights for LGBT people in Illinois, including House
Bill 101 and actions by the 85 Percent Coalition. A video
documenting one recent protest will be presented. Additionally, we
will hold a panel discussion, brainstorm on future activities, and
educate each other on how we can take action.

All LGBT people and Allies are welcome!

Come make a difference as individuals!

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.  Hate
cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
--Martin Luther King, Jr.

"O we are all racist  we are all sexist  some of us only some of us
are the targets of sexism of homophobia of class denigration but we all
all breathe in racism with the dust in the streets  with the words we read
and we struggle those of us who struggle  we struggle endlessly endlessly
to think and be and act differently from all that"
-- unattributed; Isis International Bulletin, no. 21 (1981)