[Peace] Outreach ENCOURAGEMENT

Barbara Dyskant bdyskant at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 22 16:27:43 CDT 2001

Hi friends,

This is to encourage and inspire (and it's also true).  I have been "going
to town:" here in Champaign, talking casually or not-so-casually to almost
everyone I get in contact with--- I mean folks at stores, on the street,
people I have been doing calls to for other reasons, etc., etc., etc.  And
I've found that more than half of them are NOT pleased with our so-called
president's war-- for many, many diffrerent reasons.  People are very
responsive to gently pointing out our concerns (I emphaize gentleness here)
-- and even those who mightn't be going to AWARE meetings (and some might
be going) are very heartened by the knowledge that there is a growing
groundswell of those of us who advocate reason, kindness, peace....... Many
of them don't know even the rudimentary facts about our own government,
etc.  Or what their options are.  Or that they are NOT alone.

I am thinking of having a house party over here and inviting some of these
people to come over for tea and cookies and conversation --  and
brainstorming.  And even those who don't come-- the seed is being nourished.

Wow--- I think people are really thinking hard, and feeling isolated, and
given a chance to voice their views-- they are coming to the conclusion
that we need to get this horrendous stance stopped and insist practicing
PEACE.

So-- I encourage all of you-- to gently "stick out our necks"  -- I did it
and I got rewarded far more richly than I had ever anticipated.

                           Love and peace,
                           Barbara