[Peace] a peace activity at U of I

Laura Haber comradelaura at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 23:07:18 CDT 2001

ARTISTS AND THINKERS NEEDED TO PROMOTE PEACE!
                         Meeting Wednesday 19th
                        6pm in the RSO Cubicles (in the Illini Union)

In an effort to promote peace, tolerance, and unity
within the
Urbana-Champaign and University community, while
discouraging violence
towards other countries and ethnic groups, several
students and community
members will be meeting to create artistic posters
that will be displayed
around the local area. We will also be meeting to
discuss possible
forums for discussion regarding the many factors
involved in Tuesday's
tragedy. We are looking for any and all individuals
with artistic talent
to help us make these posters standout. And if you
want to set up
discussions that would edcate more people about the
reality of our
situation, we encourage you to come and join us.

If you are interested there will be a meeting on
Wednesday the 19th at 6pm
in the RSO cubicles to decide on the specific messages
for the posters and
distribute the workload. If you have any questions
please contact Ali
Ammoura at ammoura at uiuc.edu.