[Peace] Support

Aimee Rickman arickman at prairienet.org
Mon Sep 24 17:14:47 CDT 2001

ok.
the first Walk of Support will be this thursday starting at 7pm!

the Walk of Support is a visible weekly community effort supporting our
neighbors who have chosen to take a courageous step forward to become
known as advocates for non-violence, peace, and justice.

walkers will gather at the Independent Media Ccnter (IMC),  218 w. main
St. in downtown urbana, and go from there.

this first walk will be short - one hour -, and will focus on urbana.

we could use your help in compiling a list of sites to include on the Walk
of Support. please email names and addresses of businesses, homes, and
places you know of in our community that:
1. have visible non-retaliatory/retributive public signage, or
2. have made public statements advocating for non-retaliatory/retributive
solutions to the attacks of september 11.

* please note 'public sign' or 'public statement' by each site you list.*

everyone is welcome to take part in this community walk to support
brave local voices calling out for non-retaliatory, non-retributive
justice.

thanks, y'all.

aimee
arickman at prairienet.org

"We must find an alternative to violence.  The eye for an eye philosophy
leaves everyone blind." 			-Martin Luther King, Jr.