[Peace] help wanted

sarah elzbieta kanouse kanouse at students.uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 25 08:40:43 CDT 2001

I've received the expectedly vitriolic and hate-filled responses to my
card asking businesses why they are flying the flag.  One of them is
vaguely threatening and implies that business owners are talking and on
the lookout for me.  I have only done 1/2 of campustown and would like one
person to accompany me Thursday between 1 and 2 to do the rest of the
area.  The job involves handing a card to the clerk/front desk staff and
leaving.  I've had one conversation as a result of the card, which
was pleasantly tense, and numerous email.  I'd just like someone there as
a witness/moral support/deterrant.

I'd appreciate it.

--Sarah