[Peace] Invitation to May 1st Fair Trade Community Forum

Meridith Kruse bmmk at soltec.net
Tue Apr 30 22:16:57 CDT 2002

Hello All!

Just a last minute reminder/invitation to tomorrow's
Fair Trade events at the Illinois Disciples Foundation.

You are all invited to a potluck dinner that will include
free Fair Trade Coffee from 5:30-7pm in the PRC meeting
room at the IDF.  Our featured speaker, Jim Goetsch will
be at this dinner and available for questions...

And of course we hope you will be able to attend the
Fair Trade Community Forum immediately following the dinner
from 7-9pm in IDF Wisegarver Lounge.  During this forum
Bill Kelleher, UIUC Professor of Anthropology, and Jim
Goetsch, of Friends of the Third World Cooperative, will
discuss the limitations and possibilites of Free vs. Fair
Trade and the role we, as consumers, play in these systems.

There will be a literature table with free articles about
the Fair Trade Movement and a free 10-page Champaign-Urbana
Fair Trade Coffee Guide that lists local businesses currently
offering Fair Trade Certified Coffee.

Please pass on this information to members of your organizations,
I look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Meridith Kruse
Director, Illinois Disciples Foundation

This event is Sponsored by the Common Ground Food Co-Op and Co-Sponsored by:

The AFL-CIO of Champaign County, AWARE, Channing-Murray Foundation
El Centro Por Los Trabajadores, Graduate Employees Organization, Inter-Faith
Committee for Worker Justice, C-U Independent Media Center, Illinois Student
Environmental Network, La Casa, Prairie Greens, Progressive Resource/Action
Cooperative, McKinley Foundation Social Action Committee, Rainbow
Coffeehouse,
Red Herring Vegetarian Restaurant, School for Designing a Society,
St. Jude Catholic Worker House, St. Mary's Catholic Church, St. Patrick's
Social Action Committee, Students for Environmental Concerns, and the
Unitarian-Universalist Social Action Committee.