[Peace] Picture and IMC issues

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Fri Aug 2 09:49:29 CDT 2002

1) Let me state strongly that we need to not create barriers to the media
giving us coverage.  Give WILL an AWARE picture!  Don't say "we have to
see the picture first" say "yes, here is a picture you can use"  In
response to Peter's e-mail, if we sit suspicious of all media then we are
relegated to obscurity.  I want anti-war coverage, not purity!

2) I do NOT advise AWARE becoming a working member of the IMC.  The IMC is
organization dedicated to media production.  The IMC should have the
freedom to be a "watchdog" of AWARE and any other organization be it
conservative centrist or radical.  The IMC recently made a big mistake by
allowing itself to become an arm of the Free Ahmed movement.  When Ahmed
tells his supporters to call it off, he should not be able to tell the IMC
which is committed to telling truths, to stay silent.  Please continue
meeting at the IMC, AWARE and the IMC are friendly organizations, but they
should remain separate.

Danielle