[Peace] speakers for educational events at Allen Hall

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 28 15:05:49 CDT 2002

Laura (and other members of the Peace list)--

In contrast to the two semi-official parties, the Green party is strongly
opposed to the invasion of Iraq and to the "war on terrorism" in general.
I'm avidly looking for occasions to talk about that (and the other
"principles and policies" listed on our web-site).  The point of our
congressional campaign is to let people know that these positions can be
asserted, over against the "manufactured consent" of the other two
parties.

I's hard to find such occasions, so I welcome invitations.  We're outside
the limits of allowable debate, so -- weddings, funerals, bar mitzvahs ...
and of course Allen Hall, whenever you'd like, Laura.  Best, Carl

  ==============
  Carl Estabrook
  Green Party Candidate for
  US House of Representatives
  15th Illinois Congressional District
  24 East Green Street - Suite 14
  Champaign IL 61820
  217.355.7313
  <www.carlforcongress.org>
  "One great source of the strength of the ruling class
  has ever been their willingness to kill
  in defense of their power and privileges.
  Let their power be once attacked
  either by foreign foes or by domestic revolutionaries,
  and at once we see the rulers prepared to kill and kill and kill.
  The readiness of the ruling class to order killing,
  the small value the ruling class has ever set upon human life,
  is in marked contrast to the reluctance of all revolutionaries
  to shed blood."  --James Connolly