[Peace] March in DC--Jan. 18

Charlotte Green chgreen48 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 13 10:32:24 CST 2002

Please forward:

JOIN US IN THE MARCH AGAINST WAR IN IRAQ
WASHINGTON DC, JAN. 18, 2003

There will be a march in Washington DC on Saturday,
Jan. 18 opposing war in Iraq.  This is a great
opportunity to let our voices be heard and to
demonstrate to President Bush, our elected leaders,
and the world that large numbers of American citizens
strongly oppose this war. The march is sponsored by
International Answer.  More information can be found
at their website (internationalanswer.org)

AWARE and Student Peace Action are organizing
transportation for the trip. We will be traveling via
rental vans, leaving Champaign the morning of Fri. Jan
17th and returning from Washington DC on Sun. morning,
Jan. 19.  We should get back in Champaign by midnight
or in the wee hours of Mon. morning.  Cost of
transportation will be around $60-70.  We are
currently looking for a place to stay the two nights
in DC (hopefully free).

AWARE and Student Peace Action invite you to join us
in this nationwide protest.  Please let me know if you
think you would be interested in going.  We are going
to be asking for donations to help those who need it.
If you need financial assistance, just ask.