[Peace] Fw:More about: CANADIANS TO LEAD WEAPONS INSPECTION TEAM INTO USA

by way of Jay Mittenthal <mitten at life.uiuc.edu> peterhenrydyck at juno.com
Thu Dec 26 12:05:24 CST 2002

CANADIANS TO LEAD WEAPONS INSPECTION TEAM INTO USA

A coalition of Canadian peace groups announced December 5 their
intention to send an international team of volunteer weapons inspectors
into the United States later this winter.  The coalition, Rooting Out
Evil, are recruiting inspectors through their newly launched website,
www.rootingoutevil.org.

"Our action has been inspired by none other than George W.  Bush," said
Christy Ferguson, a spokesperson for the group.  The Rooting Out Evil
coalition includes Greenpeace Canada, the Centre for Social Justice, and
the Toronto Committee Against War and Sanctions on Iraq, and is
supported by American groups such as the National Network to End the War
Against Iraq, Global Exchange, and the US section of the Women's
International League for Peace and Freedom.  They oppose the
development, storage, and use of weapons of mass destruction by any
state.

MISSION USA In the new year, Rooting Out Evil will be sending a team of
volunteer weapons inspectors into that greatest of rogue nations, the
United States of America.  We have selected the US as our first priority
based on criteria provided by the Bush administration.  According to
those criteria, the most dangerous states are those run by leaders who:

1) have massive stockpiles of chemical, biological, and nuclear
weapons;
2) ignore due process at the United Nations;
3) refuse to sign and honour international treaties; and
4) have come to power through illegitimate means.

The current US administration fulfills all these criteria.  And so,
again following Bush's guidelines, Rooting Out Evil is demanding that
his administration allow immediate and unfettered access to
international weapons inspectors to search out their caches of chemical,
biological, and nuclear weapons.

If they refuse to comply, we will assemble as many volunteer weapons
inspectors as possible at a major border crossing between the US and
Canada and attempt to cross into the US on a mission of peace.  We will
be greeted on the US side by US Americans who favour true global
cooperation, an end to weapons of mass destruction, and a regime change
in the US at the next election.

To Become an Honorary Weapons Inspector And Support Our Mission Into
The USA go to: www.rootingoutevil.org

Chaplain Peter Henry Dyck M.Div., B.C.C.
Provena Covenant Medical Center
1400 W. Park St.,
Urbana,IL 61801.
217-337-2181.  Pager:217-373-2177