[Peace] Can't keep my hand down at mtgs.

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 28 20:57:36 CST 2002

Hello all - Sandra Ahten here. Skip this if you don't care to read about why
I've not been at meetings lately.

The last time I was at an AWARE meeting I volunteered to be on a working
group to support alternative media.  We just met one time and had some ideas
about possibly how to find a way to better publicize the great program
Democracy Now (heard daily on WEFT - 90.1fm at 4pm). As I was sitting at the
WEFT Associates meeting the following week there was a call for a person to
come forward to be on the WEFT Programming Committee. The opening was the
unanticipated result of someone not re-running. So I sat in the meeting and
stewed about it for 15 minutes and decided that the way that I could best
serve promotion of alternative media was by being on the WEFT programming
committe (and continuing my work with the IMC's Public i).  I seized the
opportunity and now have a year long commitment on the committee that
decides in large part what will be heard on the WEFT airwaves.

Because of this I will not be able to work as actively with AWARE. I will
continue to be in solidarity from the circles which I am operating.
If you are a WEFT listener or a Public i reader and have input and ideas -
you have my ear.

A quick thanks to AWARE for the generous donation to the IMC's building
fund. If any of you can consider a personal donation... please contact me so
I can help facilitate that.

Hope to see you at Al's on NYeve! Party-on Wayne.
Sandra