[Peace] Heaven and Hope: Street Performance/Banners on Prospect

parenti susan rose sparenti at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 1 15:45:36 CST 2002

Tomorrow, Saturday, from 12:30 to 1:30, will be some slow motion street
performance on Prospect, along with the rest of us holding up banners to
give a context for this performance.

This is LAW-(Ladies and Laddies AGainst the War Machine). LAWM.

We need people to participate---either in the performance, or in holding
up banners.

If you want to hold up banners, come to Prospect on the overpass, where
the exit from the highway interacts with Prospect--be there at 12:30.

If you want to participate in the performance, come to the School for
Designing a Society(409. N. Race) at 11:45. We'll hand out costumes and
props, and go through the performance

If you think that politically the worst is over and that anti-war-machine
organizing is passe/ineffective/what your parents dear souls did/just an
in-house chat-line, well----probably you'll stay at home, anyway.

We need new banners made, to alert people to the next movements of the war
government as it uses our tax dollars. Here are some suggestions:

STOP THE NEXT US INVASION

WHO WILL US ATTACK NEXT

IF THE WAR IS OVER, RESTORE OUR RIGHTS

WHY ARE US SOLDIERS IN COLUMBIA?
IS OSAMA COLUMBIAN?

WHY ARE SOLDIERS IN PHILIPPINES???
IS OSAMA PHILIPPINO??

US GOVT IS USING TERRORISM< NOT STOPPING IT

DO YOU LIKE WHAT'S GOING ON?

Or other ideas that you have.