[Peace] Patch Adams

Andrew Trull android at clam.clamcenter.org
Tue Feb 5 14:55:26 CST 2002

Dear lovers of existence,

	For those of you interested in using care as an alternative to
	violence and stupidity, Patch Adams will be talking with you at the
	School For Designing a Society(409 N Race Street, Urbana) on this
	Thursday Feb. 7 from 11:30-4:30.

Patch Adams is a doctor, who addressing the incompatablity of capitalism
and caring, wants free and silly healthcare.  Patch uses fun as a tool for
social change.  Changing society with passsion and persistence so that we
don't make the world uninhabitable for people.

Patch founded the Gesundheit Institute in 1971 and has been working since
then to make it, a free and silly hospital, happen.  The hospital is
currently in its first phase of construction.  Gesundheit Insititute is
located in West Virginia.

Patch can also be found circling the globe, giving joy workshops, clowning
in refuge camps and orphanages, and giving complainers revolution.

For our conversation this Thursday Patch has been prompted to speak on
			The Gesundheit Institute
			community healthcare
			weird projects and obscure journals
			sexuality in communal projects

Please come with a brief (1-2 min.) description of the projects you are
working on so that we will all know what each other are doing.

							sincerely,
								whoopie!