[Peace] "Support Campaign Cash Reform - Support Shays-Meehan Bill" - from IMC newswire

John Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Thu Feb 14 17:47:56 CST 2002

Following up on this, which was posted to the IMC newswire a couple days ago
by our own ML:

I phoned the 800 number today and got a recorded message, something about
how democracy works.  Apparently it was already too late for me to register
my opinion.  Then I called Tim Johnson's Urbana office.  The staffer there
told me that the Shays-Meehan bill had PASSED, with Tim voting in favor of
it.  She also said that the Ney bill was DEFEATED in the House, but she
claimed not to know how Tim had voted on the Ney bill.  Now the Shays-Meehan
bill goes to the Senate.....

John