[Peace] Come Play---Gun-less Street Theater on Prospect Today

parenti susan rose sparenti at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Sat Feb 16 08:20:43 CST 2002

Do you want to goof off today, with socially beneficial consequences?

Then join the street theater that will be happening on Prospect, from
12:30 to 1:30.

Showing up at Prospect with banners, is also very important---it gives a
verbal context for the street action.

Meet us on Prospect, or come beforehand at 12 noon, to the School for
Designing a Society(409 N. Race) where we'll fiddle with props.

The idea for the theater will be to carry the giant coffin labeled'
humanity' slowly down the street, with people with signs saying USA &
GLOBAL CORPORATIONS pointing mock guns at it. These people will then pause
and in slow motion turn to the cars on the street, then back to the
coffin. We'll just use our cocked fingers.

Thank you, everyone, for the good advice about no guns or toy guns etc.

If someone has an idea where we don't even need to use cocked fingers to
menace the coffin, that would be even better.

See you at noon! It's great weather today, with a lousy world situation.
Come out!