[Peace] Tentative IMC Palestine Video Screening: Thursday July 25, 6 p.m.

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Mon Jul 15 20:39:19 CDT 2002

********************
***PLEASE FORWARD***
********************

Hello everyone,

On Thursday, July 25, 2002 at 6p.m.  The Urbana-Champaign IMC will be
hosting a screening and discussion of a video documentary produced by IMC
Palestine journalists.

IMC Palestine volunteers documented many aspects of the most recent
Israeli Occupation.  Risking their lives, they snuck behind Israeli lines;
and while the mainstream media were busy getting their information from
official Israeli army spokespeople, IMC journalists were talking with
people on the streets of Jenin and recording events, as they unfolded,
from the streets of occupied Palestine.

As part of the effort to disseminate truthful accounts of what happened,
over half-a-dozen IMCs throughout the midwest have joined together to host
a tour of these documentaries.  We are lucky enough to to have one of the
producers of this documentary stopping here in Urbana-Champaign on his way
cross-country and will be holding a public viewing of the videos and
in-depth discussion of his experiences as an Indy-Journalist in Palestine.

Contact Myles <myles at anacroatan.org> or Sascha <sascha at ucimc.org> for more
information.

I hope that you can join us for this important event,

--Sascha Meinrath
Urbana-Champaign IMC