[Peace] Fwd: Ambassador Dennis Ross

Al Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 4 09:12:02 CST 2002

I would put it differently.  The previous Israeli Govt wanted
"peace," but peace on its terms.  They wanted a bantustan situation
as under apartheid in South Africa.  They wanted a Palestinian state
that could be internationally recognized and that would not be viable
without Israeli control.  Of course, this could never work in the
long run.  The current Israeli Govt appears to want to reannex the
whole West Bank and Gaza.