[Peace] Palestinian / Israeli Awareness Event HELP Needed

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Wed May 22 16:02:26 CDT 2002

Peace,

Re: Palestinian / Israeli Awareness Event
Sponsored in part by YOU (the Aware Group)

When: June 4, 2002, Tuesday 7pm.

What is already done:  Rob Lipton is the speaker and will be raising funds
for the International Solidarity Movement.  He will be coming from Chicago,
where he is meeting to organizers who are planning the next trip of "human
shields," in solidarity with the Palestinian people.

Rob will be on WILL's Focus 580 at 10am on Tuesday 6/4.

Andrew Kennis, who is an Indy Media Reporter and is currently in Israel/
Occupied Territories may also be presenting. (He is raising funds for his
own trip)

World Harvest is providing two plates of humus, baba g (?sp), tabouli &
olives. They are also providing pita bread.

HELP NEEDED

Computer and Computer Projector for "slide" show on CD ROM.

Projection Screen

Microphone/ Sound System

Musicians (preferably Mid East)

Kitchen:
We have the Red Herring Kitchen available to us.
We need someone to be in charge of drinks. (Bringing/making tea and having
ice water, pitchers, ice?).
We need someone to make 2 big bowls of salad. (Israeli Salad ?).
We need someone to be in charge of desserts. (Coordinate people to bring
cookies/ brownies/ or Bakalava)
We need someone to be in charge of set up.
We need someone t be in charge of clean up.

Publicity:
I will be making fliers. (and leaving them at the IMC desk for Wed. night
distribution)
I will sending press releases to NG, CU-City View (for inclusion in their
community calendars)
Will someone make PSA for WEFT and get it there?
I will make an announcement that is to be forward to other email groups.
(Please forward it when you get it)
Carol will bring flier to the Mosque.

Could anyone pick up Rob in Chicago Sunday June 2 at about 2pm?
Could anyone bring him to Midway, Wednesday June 5, for a 2pm flight?