[Peace] Chicago ACLU now involved

parenti susan rose sparenti at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri May 31 12:10:58 CDT 2002

Via the efforts of Sharon Couervie, we now have the Chicago ACLU working
to help Ahmed Bensouda. I just spoke at length to Eric Salsedo at the
ACLU, relating to him the events as I know them and as I've read in the e
mails(I also gave him the http imc web site, which he was grateful for).

Eric said they already had had three phone calls from concerned people
about Ahmed, and were in the process of working with the lawyers on
Ahmed's situation. He felt the information we all were giving him was
very valuable to the case. (he actually sounded cheerful, so maybe that's
good for us).

I gave him Raana's number as a contact, and mine.

I told him that the family/friends/support group were seeking lawyers on
their own, and he said all that was great, and that the ACLU would work
with them.

FYI--the chicago ACLU number is 312-201-9740. The person on Ahmed's case
is Eric Salsedo. Eric said that more people could phone, if they wanted to
add information, or if any new developments arise.