FW: RE: [Peace] FW: Local Family Protests Bush

Durl Kruse durljan at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 5 16:32:08 CST 2002

I am not happy with the response I
received from this reporter regarding the story and her idea of a fair
report.  Thankfully we have indy media to post what needs to be
reported.  I guess this is another example of "Rich
Media....Poor Democracy".  I only wish she would
read Robert McChesney's book on the subject!

Jan Kruse

Subject: RE: [Peace] FW: Local Family
Protests Bush

I was
sent to cover the speech and people watching it, and felt I was lucky to catch
your daughter before she left. Certainly the point wasn't to make it look as if
you were the only ones outside, and if that's how you read it, I'm sorry.

When
you consider that thousands were in the armory, I think you can understand why
the rally itself took the lead position. As far as the
photos go, I don't have control over what is used or where it is placed. Same
with the headlines. As for an expanded local story, I would suggest calling
or e-mailing the editors of the Mattoon paper to see if they would be up for
that.

Thanks
for the feedback.

Amy