[Peace] Fwd: Zionist propaganda in the DI!

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Thu Nov 21 14:43:19 CST 2002

I think Karen's quite right.  And I'd add that we should demand the DI
publish material -- columns -- from us and others in refutation of these
ads.  The cure for bad speech is not suppression -- not even demanding
that the DI not sell ads -- but more speech, right speech -- in short, the
truth.

We don't want to be in the position of backing any paper's asserting that
"There are some views we won't publish' -- if only because we don't want
them to reject our ads as, say, "treasonous" (or "anti-Semitic").  If we
don't believe in free speech for views we despise, we don't believe in it
at all.

Regards, Carl

  C. G. Estabrook, Ph.D., Visiting Scholar
  University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign [MC-190]
  109 Observatory, 901 South Mathews Avenue, Urbana IL 61801 USA
  office: 217.244.4105 mobile: 217.369.5471 home: 217.359.9466
  <www.carlforcongress.org>