[Peace] Re: UPDATE: SPEAKING TOUR / URBANA

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Mon Oct 7 14:42:14 CDT 2002

heidi kellner wrote:
> but someone more experienced
> needs to handle making sure listings get added to the
> Octopus/City View and all that other stuff...
>
> Also, it'd be nice to find some music to up the
> attendence... any ideas?
>
> o.k., thanks, let me know what you'll need from me or
> who might be interested in helping organize a good
> talk.

Ok, here's the deal on this thing. A volunteer to do this stuff
(publicity, finding a band, being an MC, etc) is exactly what we need
in order for this event to happen. AWARE has said they are not
sponsoring this event (too busy). No one from the IMC has yet stepped
forward to coordinate this event. I do not have the time to coordinate
this event.

The only thing I have done, as space coordinator, is reserve the date
but the event MUST have a sponsor from the community who will agree to
do this work or the event will not happen. The space also has to be
paid for, there is the possibility of just doing a pass the hat or a
small suggested donation at the door, or just making the space free,
that is something I can negotiate with whoever is sponsoring the
event.

This event will not happen unless someone steps forward to coordinate
it and that someone can not be me (MUCH too busy coordinating other
events).

If there is someone from the community who is willing to step forward
and be a local point person on this and who is willing to coordinate
all the local work that needs to happen for this event then this will
go off with no problem.

I'd love to see this event happen, but I can't make it happen.