[Peace] 10/7 wrap up and pictures

Matt Reichel reichel at students.uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 8 02:14:15 CDT 2002

	Thanks everyone for coming out to the rally Monday. I thought it
was an absolutely fabulous event all around.
	I can't even think of anything that didn't go right. All the
speeches were wonderfully motivating. The out and out rude college
democrats received their due treatment, and I was very happy for that.
And ending with a procession around the quad behind the Grim Reaper waving
a corporate America flag was icing on the cake.
	Most importantly, a lot of students who had been uninvolved before
came up and expressed interest in helping as the war party expands their
rhetoric. Hopefully we can get people out for this 12th thing!

	We have pictures available at
http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~tota/iraqprotest/

	Lastly, I just caught a glimpse of the DI coverage (it's put up on
the internet starting at 1am), and it is crappy and slanderous as usual.
	There's also a letter to the editor from a frequent letter to the
editor writer who equally as frequently ticks me off.

thanks,
Matt