[Peace] Teachers for Peace & Justice

Julia A. Walker jawalker at uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 10 16:07:23 CDT 2002

Dear Students for Peace--
	Al Kagan of AWARE gave me your e-mail address.  I'm writing
on behalf of Teachers for Peace and Justice, a faculty group
organizing against the proposed War on Iraq.  We are currently
meeting to discuss setting up a number of on-campus anti-war
events--e.g., mike on the quad, rallies, forums, etc.--and were
wondering if you might be interested in working with us and/or
allowing us to draw upon your assistance.  As we understand it, only
student-affiliated groups are eligible to reserve space in front of
the Union for events such as a Mike on the Quad or a rally.  Would
you be interested in working with us to set up such an event?  If so,
please e-mail me back with any information you could provide as to
how one goes about making such a reservation.  Also, please know that
a representative from your group is welcome to come to our next
organizational meeting next Tuesday afternoon at 5:00 (or so) in the
basement of the IPRH on Pennsylvania Ave.  Thanks for your help!

Julia

Julia A. Walker
English Department
608 S. Wright St.
University of Illinois at Urbana - Champaign
Urbana IL 61801
TEL (217) 333-2390 * FAX (217) 333-4321