[Peace] We Need People To Go To DC!!!!

jeffsowers at swissinfo.org jeffsowers at swissinfo.org
Fri Oct 11 16:51:35 CDT 2002

Please forward this message!

We need people to go with us to Washington DC on the weekend of October
26th to protest the war against Iraq. This will be a very important demonstration
of public opposition to the planned war (for info on protest see www.internationalanswer.org).
We need LARGE numbers!!! Student Peace Action has 20 students signed up
to go. AWARE has 3. We need more people! If you can, please sign up to go
ASAP so we can plan. If you can't go, you can help by passing the word or
helping sponsor someone who has limited income.

Right now we have reserved four minivans. This gives us space for 28 people,
so we have 5 more spots to fill. But we can find more transportation if
we need to, if we get the bodies. Cost will be about $55 for transportation.
Lodging is being researched. It may be free if we can find it, or it may
be $15-$20 a night if your willing to share a hotel room with three other
people. More if you want your own room. This all should be nailed down within
a few days. If you want to go but can't afford to pay please let me know
so we can try to raise some money to cover it. We need as many people as
possible!

The itinerary looks like this:

Leave for DC Friday Morning (8-10 AM or so...time still being negotiated,
e-mail preference).
Arrive in or near DC Friday evening and sleep.
March is at 11:00 AM Saturday.
Leave DC Sunday morning and return to CU Sunday evening.

Call Jeff at 384-0945 to reserve a spot, or e-mail jeffsowers at swissinfo.org

Thanks,

Jeff Sowers