[Peace] Spare picture frame?

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 19 21:42:21 CDT 2002

Needs for the Postcards for Peace Fundraiser.

Everyone PLEASE read through this before the meeting tomorrow and figure out
how you can help with the fundraiser.  We are operating on low funds. Let's
make this successful so we can put fundraising behind us for a little while.

Please dig through your basements and attics and scavenge any picture frames
that you might have. The need to be 5 x 7 or larger. Even some that are
quite large will work - because we can frame several postcards that are
"themed" together. Bring them to the meeting this week and next. If can't
bring them to the meeting email me and I'll give you directions for dropping
them off at my house. Ask your friends and neighbors. They don't need to be
in perfect shape.  We can have a picture frame fixing up party soon!

I am calling a meeting for anyone who can meet at the IMC at 4:30 before the
AWARE meeting tomorrow.

We need those who have lived in the area for a year or more to brainstorm
for local "celebrities" to send a request for a postcard to. I will have the
written requests at the meeting and we can address them and perhaps you can
sign the request, in order to personalize it (if you know them).

We need a team to get the Xmas cards up and going. Is anyone going to get
the screen printing project going? If not perhaps we should have some
professionally printed. I have received one submission (for auction) that
might be a likely candidate for reprinting. I'll bring it to the meeting
tomorrow and find out if we have permission to reproduce it. This is last
call. I don't want to lay out the money to have them professionally printed
if someone can take on the screen printing project -- but we can't put it
off much longer.

What about T-shirts?

Good news - Utah Phillips sent me a postcard for auction!

Who knows anyone at a picture frame shop that could give us mat board? WE
need their offal  and perhaps some bigger pieces at cost or donated?

Does anyone know a glass cutter person?

Who could we get to be the auctioneer?

Who will try to work on press coverage? We need to go all out on this… even
try to get a seat at the table on the little "community happening" things
that happen in the local news, psa's on WILL TV and radio, an article in the
Octopus etc.

These are just the things I've thought of so far.  Please show up at 4:30 if
at all possible. We will have a short working group meeting after the main
meeting also.

Thanks.
Sandra Ahten