[Peace] Deloris Henry hearings:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Thu Oct 31 18:43:34 CST 2002

Hi everyone,

I have attended the hearings each of the last two night (stories are up on
the IMC's website:  www.ucimc.org).  I don't know if they are continuing
tonight (though I suspect they are).  It's _really_ important to have
public support at these meetings.  I am very concerned about what's been
happening and have worked for several years with Deloris.

While the N-G may be sympathetic now, there's no guarantee that they will
be so in the future.  The N-G has been fairly one-sided in much of its
coverage of racial climate issues -- I would love to see it's more recent
stances continue; but without outside observers I worry that a lot of
information is getting obfuscated.

--Sascha

p.s. I work at the Street Media Center and would be happy to answer any
questions folks have about it.  It's part of a company called Innovative
Education (http://www.innovativeed.org/) and we do a lot of work with
African American youth using hip-hop culture as an empowerment tool.

***