[Peace] Postcard update

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 31 21:52:21 CST 2002

Dear Peacemakers

I can't be at the meeting on Sunday -- so i wanted you all to have a
Postcards for Peace update.

The fundraiser is going fabulously so far. We have over 140 postcards
submitted by about 50 artists! yes! yes!

9 people have made a deal to "parent a postcard" -- that means that they are
paid $65 to select a postcard that they would like to have copies of.  We
are having these professionally 4 color printed with "postcard" info
(including the artist/ title and a blurb about supporting AWARE) on the
back. "Parents" will get 50 of them and AWARE will get 250 of them to sell.
The cost to print 250 actually is going to run about $90.

In addition to these 8 we are using a donation of $200 to have 3 more
printed and so we will have 11 postcards to sell in either Xmas cards or
"political message" packages.

I know the math doesn't exactly add up there. I am upfronting some money and
have done so to buy frames also.

Speaking of frames. We are framing postcards next Tuesday from 9am-4pm and
Wednesday from 7-9pm. Please email me with a time that you can be there. No
experience required.

We need workers at the event. 9am We will need 4 people to help hang the
show.

2pm, We will need 4 people (who are comfortable with handling money and
following procedures) that will be able to work all the way through to 6pm.

6pm We will need 2 people for clean up.

Well, as you can see - this time fram interferes with our regularly
scheduled AWARE mtg.  I scheduled the event at 3pm thinking that it would be
done by 5 -- and I still hope that it will be done by 5:30... but the more I
thought about it I realized that 5 was unrealistic.

So as a group you need to decide whether to move the meeting back to 6pm. I
vote to move it back and will disappointed if that doesn't happen.

MOST IMPORTANT - We need to promote this thing. We will have a small article
in the CU-City View and something in the NG and it will be on the cover of
the public i. I have mailed many "postcards" myself - but I need you to send
the postcard invitation to your friends and we need you to personally invite
someone and bring them along. It really will be lots of fun. Good to be with
like minded people, viewing art, listening to music, sipping coffee, and
supporting AWARE.

Bulliten Board fliers will be at Sunday's meeting, couried by Lisa Chason.
Who will volunteer to "do" the bulliten board round? It is great if you all
take a couple -- but that is really not enough we need a volunteer to
systymatically get to the public bulliten boards in town on Monday. Meridith
or Peter Miller can supply you with a list. Please respond to the peace list
as to who will do this.

Sorry if I sound a bit bossy (it's kind of in my nature) but really I am
excited -- You should see all the cool postcards - you'll be as excited as I
am!

Sandra