[Peace] 9/11 event in the News Gazette

Rob Scott rob at anacroatan.org
Thu Sep 5 12:52:58 CDT 2002

After two quasi-phone-interviews, it seems that the News Gazette will run
a story on the 9/11 protest-march we've been planning.

It should be in the Friday News Gazette within some story about all the
events of the one-year anniversary. I emphasized that while we mourn the
events of 9/11, we also oppose the continuing cycle of violence at home
and abroad.

The first interview I didn't even get that far. I told News-Gazette
reporter Paul Wood that the 3/11 candlelight vigil was erroneously
covered by the News Gazette as a patriotic pro-war event, while it was
actually an anti-war event. His response was "OK
I'm done talking to you you're annoying." He hung up.

Hopefully Jodi Heckel, who is actually writing the piece (she, the second
interviewer) may give the story a chance to be heard. She was a kind
interviewer, typingwriting what I was saying.

We'll see,
Rob