[Peace] UnitedForPeace.org was hacked (fwd)

Rob Scott rob at anacroatan.org
Wed Sep 11 10:15:56 CDT 2002

Date: 11 Sep 2002 09:39:58 -0000
Subject: UnitedForPeace.org was hacked

Dear MoveOn Member,

Yesterday we highlighted a web site, put together by Medea Benjamin
and the good folks at Global Exchange, that lists hundreds of great
September 11th events around the nation and around the world.  We've
received thousands of emails alerting us that their web site was down.

Yes, the UnitedForPeace.org web site was hacked -- totally shredded.
Yes, there are bad people out there who would rob you of your right
to gather and observe this day while working for peace.

The site is back up.  Global Exchange has remounted a listing of
events at

   http://www.unitedforpeace.org

Take a look.  Go to an event if you can.  Don't let the bad guys win.

Sincerely,

- Wes Boyd
  President, MoveOn.org
  September 10th, 2002