[Peace] AWARE draft agenda for Sept. 15th

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Fri Sep 13 15:34:37 CDT 2002

I had another excellent discussion with Congressman Tim Johnsons' staff this
morning. We discussed the war and supporting evidence that President Bush is
using to justify an attack on Iraq which was easy to refute based on
documents, Scott Ritter's work especially his interview on NBC Today this
morning, other UN staff and other DOD staff that are speaking up and who have
talked to Tim's staff.  Tim is sitting on the fence as to his support for
Bush but with our discussion today, I hope and believe that may change to "no
support".  His staff said they would relay the message, "evidence does not
support an attack", to him. It is essential  that we collect more evidence
and present that evidence to all individuals so they can understand the folly
of going to war.

I then drove to Indiana and met with a senior military chaplain who is also
questioning the evidence for the war. Our conclusion was - not justified.

doug