[Peace] AWARE draft agenda for Sept. 15th

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Fri Sep 13 17:56:38 CDT 2002

Friends--

I agree with Al on the good work this week -- including his Krannert
leafletting.

I regret that I'll be unable to celebrate with you this Sunday.  I'll be
at a Green party fund-raiser in Chicago.

Perhaps someone else would be willing to volunteer to do the news summary?

Regards, Carl
  =========================
  Carl Estabrook
  Green Party Candidate for
  US House of Representatives
  15th Illinois Congressional District
  "A Choice for A Change"
  24 East Green Street - Suite 14
  Champaign IL 61820
  217.355.7313
  <www.carlforcongress.org>
  The beauty of the democratic systems of thought control,
  as contrasted with their clumsy totalitarian counterparts,
  is that they operate by subtly establishing on a voluntary basis
  -- aided by the force of nationalism and media control by
  substantial interests -- presuppositions that set the limits
  of debate, rather than by imposing beliefs with a bludgeon.
  Then let the debate rage; the more lively and vigorous it is,
  the better the propaganda system is served, since the presuppositions
  (U.S. benevolence, lack of rational imperial goals, defensive posture,
  etc.) are more firmly established.  Those who do not accept the
  fundamental principles of state propaganda are simply excluded
  from the debate (or if noticed, dismissed as "emotional,"
  "irresponsible," etc.).  --Noam Chomsky