[Peace] Fwd: Call for support for airing of PBS Documentary On Gujarat Riots Sept 19 at 8PM Central

South Asian Collective UIUC sacuiuc at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 17 12:27:03 CDT 2002

Please forward.
 Irfan Ahmad wrote:
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:05:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: Irfan Ahmad
Subject: Call for support for airing of PBS Documentary On Gujarat Riots Sept 19 at 8PM Central
To: cimic-l at prairienet.org, msa at uiuc.edu

Assalaamu Alaikum:

Please make sure that all of you call WILL TV (local PBS affiliate) and lend your support and appreciation in planned airing of the documentary on the carnage resulting in thousands of innocent Muslims being killed, women raped, and burnt alive by fundamentalist Hindus in Gujarat, India.   Do not forget to watch the program and share the info. with your friends and colleagues.

Call WILL TV at: WILL-TV               (217) 333-1070

or email TV Station Director D. Perry at: dperry at uiuc.edu

 Irfan

http://www.pbs.org/cgi-registry/whatson/template.cgir?s=WILL&t=0&c=g&d=2002-09-19

PBS is airing a documentary on Gujarat called 'Soul of a Nation', on
 September 19th, 10 PM. Some extremist Hindus are trying to block this and
 are planning to call in and protest. We are all aware of the atrocities
 committed against Muslims in Gujarat. We should do our best to show our
 support for the documentary. Please send out an alert to your groups and;

It will be aired here at 8 p.m. (10 p.m. PDT) under "Wide Angle" by WILL.

 1. Ask them to call up their local stations and show support for PBS for the
 program.
 2. Encourage everyone to watch the program.
 3. Call the station and thank them after the program is aired.

 You can visit http://www.pbs.org/wnet/wideangle/about/film10.html for
 details on the documentary.

 Residents of other states may find the local address and program schedule
 from:

 http://www.pbs.org