[Peace] Fwd: PBS showing Sept. 19 @9pm ET--a documentary on the recent violence in Gujarat, India

Tulsi Dharmarajan tulsid at customersat.com
Wed Sep 18 13:44:02 CDT 2002

Hi All,
I just got an email from David Thiel (Program Director at WILL-TV) .
WILL will be airing the broadcast on Thursday (September 19th) @ 8:00
PM.
We don't need to send any more emails/phone calls.
Thanks!

Tulsi

This is the email I received from him:

From:	 "Thiel, David" <d-thiel at WILL.uiuc.edu>
To:	 sacuiuc at yahoo.com
Subject:	 re: "Soul of India" support campaign
Date:	 Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:23:32 -0500

To the South Asian Collective UIUC (and other interested parties):

It's come to my attention that there is an organized effort to support

Thursday night's broadcast of "Soul of India" on WILL-TV. In the past
day,

we have received many e-mails and phone calls in favor of our airing of
this

documentary. To all who took the time to contact us, thanks! We do

appreciate knowing that there is interest in international public
affairs

programming.

That said, there's really no need for a support campaign at this time.
While

the documentary has received some criticism at the national level--as is

frequently the case with a program which offers a strong point of view
about

a potentially controversial subject--we at WILL-TV have not received a

single complaint about our broadcast.

Furthermore, the WILL stations remain committed to presenting a wide
array

of viewpoints, and we do not shy away from programming with which some

viewers may disagree. During my 13 years at WILL-TV, we have never
removed a

program from our schedule due to outside pressure.

I hope that you will take the opportunity to watch "Soul of India" this

Thursday at 8:00 pm. Thank you for your interest in WILL-TV.

David Thiel

Program Director

WILL-TV