[Peace] Bears engagement

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 18 17:09:56 CDT 2002

Peaceniks,

I will be out of town on Saturday when the Bears play. Susan Parenti is out
of the country. I have organized the last two Bears' engagements and jsut
wanted you to know that I won't be organizing this one.

If someone wants to organize a peace engagement for Saturday's game, please
go ahead. Email me privately if you want the informational handbills that we
pass out at games.

I believe we need to keep being in the streets and I am committed to doing
so.  After three very hostile engagements with Bears' fans, I believe we'd
have a better chance of finding ambivalent folks to mobilize if we moved
back to the north Prospect shopping center on a weekly basis.

If we do, I suggest that we move one block further north instead of being
right at the intersection of Prospect and the I-72 exit ramp. This location
has too much going on and is a likely spot for accidents.  If we moved down
further north by one block, we would be at a four-corners intersection where
cars are actually stopped for longer periods of time and our chances of
actually talking to people are greater.

A thought, any others?

Kimberlie