[Peace] FW: wilpf-news Fwd: AI Petition to Protect new International Criminal Court

Marianne Brun manni at snafu.de
Wed Sep 18 17:42:21 CDT 2002

----------
Von: PSpees at aol.com
Antworten an: PSpees at aol.com
Datum: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:57:49 EDT
An: wilpf-news at igc.topica.com
Betreff: wilpf-news Fwd: AI Petition to Protect new International Criminal
Court

TO SEND A MESSAGE to wilpf-news send to wilpf-news at igc.topica.com
TO SUBSCRIBE to wilpf-news send a blank message to
wilpf-news-subscribe at igc.topica.com
TO UNSUBSCRIBE to wilpf-news send a blank message to
wilpf-news-unsubscribe at igc.topica.com

This email was sent to: manni at snafu.de

From: caucus at iccwomen.org
Date: Mittwoch, 18. September 2002 13:20 Uhr
To: pspees at aol.com
Subject: AI Petition to Protect new International Criminal Court

Dear Friends,

Our colleagues at Amnesty International have asked that we distribute this
Urgent Petition regarding the efforts by the United States to undermine the
International Criminal Court. The petition can be accessed at the websites
listed below.

Many thanks,

Women's Caucus for Gender Justice
P.O. Box 3541 Grand Central P.O.
New York, New York 10163 USA
Tel. (718) 626-2681
email: caucus at iccwomen.org
www.iccwomen.org

International Justice System Under Attack

Please sign a petition on Amnesty International's website for all
governments not to enter into US impunity agreements

On Tuesday 17 September 2002, Amnesty International launched a worldwide
petition for individuals around the world to call on all governments to
refuse to enter into impunity agreements currently being proposed by the
United States not to surrender US nationals accused of genocide, crimes
against humanity and war crimes to the new International Criminal Court.

The petition is located on our website - www.amnesty.org - and national
Amnesty International websites. After approximately 1 month we will submit
the final petition to all governments. We also intend to submit those
signatures received by 27 September to EU Ministers of Foreign Affairs who
will meet to consider the issue on 30 September.

We would be very grateful if you and your members could support this
initiative by signing the petition on the website and asking your members
and other contacts to do so. Please feel free to link to the petition from
your websites - the exact links are:

English    http://web.amnesty.org/web/icc_petition.nsf
Spanish   http://web.amnesty.org/web/icc_petition.nsf/act_esl
French    http://web.amnesty.org/web/icc_petition.nsf/act_fra