[Peace] Re: Regarding your inquiry

Franklin E.Leming franklineleming at mail.com
Fri Apr 4 14:44:52 CST 2003

"I came to the conclusion that all the values that made me admire the American people
were beeing eroded by the covert operations of the CIA and kindred secret bodies...
Time after time the United States has generously aided other countries threatened by  famine or disaster. The

survival of this great tradition is of importance, not only to  Americans, but also to all freedom loving people

in the world.
But in my view, the survival of this great is now being gravely threatened by the covert
criminal actions of the Central Intelligence Agency and its associated services.
If the United States is to be protected from this grave danger, it is essential that the
activities of this secret agency should be fully exposed to the people of the
United States.
...I am a fierce believer in the democratic system of governments.
Among the democracies, the constitution of the United States can be, and has proved to be,
a bastion of civil liberty.
However, democracy and the rule of law could not survive side by side with a state agency that engages in covert

operations ranging from assassinations to levying
mercenary armies. Even if there is, now, an attempt beeing made by some to check the  activities of the CIA and

the other United States intelligence agencies, the whole concept
of a secret government and army within a government is a menace to the democratic system."
(Sean MacBride, former Foreign Minister of Ireland, and 1974 Nobel Peace Prize recipient; died 1988)

------------------------------

"This is not a military defense of Iraq against an invading army. This is the creation of another layer
in this mythology of victimhood, which has been developed in the Arab world for at least the last three
generations. ... The view is that everything evil comes from outside, from somewhere else."
(Gwyn Prins in an interview March/April 2003)

While our fellow citizens fight in Iraq for the good,
a consistent but accelerating danger lurks in the
shadow, ready to overtake and turn upside down our
values: Corporate Fascism !

Regards
Franklin E. Leming
http://www.geocities.com/franklineleming

--------
"it is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it."
(Upton Sinclair, 1906)