[Peace] CO meeting--April 14

Charlotte Green chgreen48 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 19:28:21 CDT 2003

A meeting is scheduled for Monday, April 14 at 7 PM at
Channing Murray (downstairs next to the restaurant)
for those interested in counseling conscientious
objectors and/or providing information to high school
students about alternatives to the military.  A
"counter-recruitment" table is scheduled to be set up
at Urbana High School on Tuesday, April 29.  The
agenda for the meeting will include making plans for
the tabling event, including the display, brochures,
publicity, and informational packets for counselors.

As part of our effort to help high school students
reconsider the military, we are planning to provide
mentors to high school students who are attracted to
the military because of its promise of a college
educationa and/or career opportunities.  Mentors would
help students explore college or job training
opportunities, fill out applications for financial
aid, etc.  This is partically important for students
whose parents have not attended college or vocational
school.  Information on the mentoring program will be
presented at the meeting on April 14.
Charlotte Green