[Peace] CO / War Tax Resistance

paul michael king pmking at students.uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 14 16:34:04 CDT 2003

WTR/CO WORKING GROUP MEETING

TOPICS:

Counter-Recruitment: We will be discussing our upcoming
counter-recruitment efforts. We have dates set to go into Urbana High
School (April 29th). Right now we are putting together a table-top display
and gathering information together.

Mentoring: Charlotte Green will be passing out information and discussing
strategies about alternative funding for college, alternative national
service programs (i.e. Americorps, Peace Corps, Citizen Corps...), etc.

Tax Day Protest: We have been working with the PRC, who has graciously
organized a protest tomorrow at the Mattis Street Post Office, 5-7 pm. We
will be assisting them by passing out flyers, picketing, etc.

War Tax Resistance: Just because we will be paying that murderous Uncle of
ours (Sam) tomorrow, doesn't mean that we have to wait another year to
protest taxes. There are W-4s to redo (for those of us who are taking a
refund this year), phone taxes to resist, alternative funds to set up, the
Religious Peace Fund Tax Act to pass, etc. There is a lot of work to be
done!

Join us if you can. Hope to see many of you there tonight!

..::Paual
Graduate Student
Library & Information Science
Champaign-Urbana, IL

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" (Gandhi)