[Peace] More Info! TAX DAY PICKET: WHERE IS OUR $$$ GOING?

Brooke Anderson brooke at shout.net
Tue Apr 15 14:46:29 CDT 2003

Hi y'all,

A reminder about an event tonight co-organized by PRC & AWARE.

Brooke.
-------

A reminder that this picket will be taking place this evening..please come
out and join us! A few details:

**If you need a ride from campus, please meet in the parking lot of
   the Illinois Disciples Foundation (NW corner of Springfield and Wright)
   at 4:40pm.
**If you plan to meet us at the post office, please be aware that the
   only close parking is across the street in the residential
   neighborhood. (Try "Anita Ave.") Please be sure to obey parking signs!
**If you cannot make the picket this evening, but would like more
   information on your tax money and war, please visit the following url:
   http://www.warresisters.org/piechart.htm.

    -----------------------------
    DO NOT USE OUR MONEY FOR WAR!
    _____________________________
    Tax Day Picket
    Tuesday, April 15
    5-7pm
    Mattis Post Office
    2001 N Mattis Ave, Champaign
    _____________________________

WHERE DOES OUR TAX MONEY GO?

The invasion stage of the Iraq war may be coming to a close, but now we
face the expense of occupying and rebuilding a country we have torn
apart, and our administration is even now planning on taking our war
machine on an extended tour of the Middle East. Our administration not
only refuses to listen to our opinions on their "foreign policy;" they
expect us to pay for it.

As we approach the annual tax-payment deadline, do you know where your
tax dollars are going? Do you know that exorbitant amounts of our taxes
are being funneled to aid the intensifying militarism of our country and
to the finance of foreign invasions...while at the same time, we face
health care and public service crises in our own country?

*WE* pay the bills of this country with our money, work, and sweat, and
we have the right and obligation to speak out against the crimes
committed in our names, with our money, and aided by our passive acceptance.

Join members of the Champaign-Urbana peace movement at the Mattis Post
Office at 5pm on Tax Day to educate last-minute tax-payers (and
yourselves!) on where our money is going, and how to effectively resist
taxes.

Organized by the Anti-War, Anti-Racism Effort (AWARE) and the
Progressive Resource/Action Cooperative (PRC).

If you have any questions, please call 352-8721 or email prc at prairienet.org.

Brooke Anderson, Co-Coordinator
Progressive Resource/Action Cooperative
c/o the Illinois Disciples Foundation