[Peace] April 21st: Die-in!!!

Jackson Foote jfoote at students.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 17 19:41:52 CDT 2003

This Monday, April 21st, Student Peace Action will be having a "die-in" on the
quad.  In an effort to expose people in the university community to the
horrors of war that were not covered in the mainstream media, we hope to
create a simulated battle ground for an hour, from noon-1pm.  We will be using
sound effects (gunfire, crying, screaming, explosions) and possibly costumes
(torn clothing, red paint) in an effort to combat the romanticized (heroic)
images spread over the airwaves of the US media.  We are expecting a large
turnout and expect to severly impede the flow of traffic on the pathway in
front of the Union, forcing people to question the "victory" that the US and
British governments have declared.

We will be having a planning meeting on Sunday April 20th at 8pm in the
Courtyard Cafe of the University of Illinois Union.  Please bring yourselves,
any props and your wonderful ideas.  Seeing that it is easter, we understand
if you cannot make it and ask that you show up to the quad on Monday by 11:30
am.

we do have contingency plans if the police show up, which we will discuss at
the planning meeting.

thanks
peace and good will
jackson

Stop Military Recruitment at UIUC!!! Sign this Online Petition:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/smruiuc/petition.html