[Peace] PRC Anti-war Day of Action

Brooke Anderson brooke at shout.net
Tue Apr 22 20:36:28 CDT 2003

Please distribute widely:

PRC Anti-war Day of Action
Thursday, April 24th>> University of Illinois Quad

  12noon - 1pm
  *EDUCATIONAL PICKET
  Front of Henry Administration Building, U of I Quad

  1pm-4pm
  *Action Center/Myth Busting
  Front of Henry Administration Building, U of I Quad

  7pm
  *"War at Home" Movie Showing and Discussion
  Illinois Disciples Foundation 610 E. Springfield Ave Champaign

Despite the images of joyous Iraqis celebrating the images of
American "liberators," the war against Iraq, and the larger war on
terrorism, is far from over. The Progressive Resource/Action
Cooperative (PRC) will be holding a day of action against continued
United States aggression in the Middle East on Thursday, April 24th on
he U of I quad. The day's activities will begin with a picket at noon
on the the quad. Beginning at 1pm, people will be engaging in anti-war
organizing  and highlights include an "ask the experts" session and "10
myths about the war." The event will conclude with a showing of the War at
Home, the acclaimed documentary on the Vietnam War, at 7pm at the Illinois
Disciples Foundation. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend.

Please see the separate email announcement for more details on the showing
of "The War at Home."

For more information, or to become involved with anti-war activism, please
contact the PRC at www.prairienet.org/prc, prc at prairienet.org, or
352-8721.

The PRC is a program of the Illinois Disciples Foundation.
Brooke Anderson, Co-Coordinator
Progressive Resource/Action Cooperative
c/o the Illinois Disciples Foundation
610 E. Springfield Ave.