[Peace] re: PROSPECT FOR PEACE in a Michael Moore video?

Charles Russell kordlishus at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 13 20:38:41 CST 2003

Folks:

Jim Buell hooked me (Kord) up with a project by Michael Moore (BOWLING FOR
COLUMBINE) involving anti-war protest footage.
It is a music video by SYSTEM OF A DOWN which Mr. Moore is directing.  They
are supposed to be a progressive rock group.  I am not going to argue for
their music (which I am unfamiliar with), but it is an opportunity to get
anti-war media coverage at least on MTV.  (The band is pretty 'big'.)

The focus of the video is to show the range of protestors -- probably
emphasizing that it's also 'everyday folk' against the war, not JUST
Anarchists.

So, if you think this is a worthy project, let's show them what we've got:
come in droves and bring your grandmother.
It may be a little gross, but feel free to enhance your stereotype/
identity/ role -- for example, if there is a visual way to show that you are
a vet...

I am going to come with the assumption that people want to be counted
against the war.  If you have reason to not wish to appear on camera, you
can always tell me so (on camera) -- or perhaps we will have a separate
non-video section on the opposite side of the street.

I hope this doesn't seem to presumptuous on my part -- I am assuming we are
out there to be publicity, news against the war -- and this is simply a
magnification of that.  We are already susceptible as news objects, and this
I take to be part of the point.

Peace, Out.
Kord Russell
AWARE tv