[Peace] 85,000 already. We need more. (fwd)

patton paul ppatton at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 24 09:42:48 CST 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 24 Feb 2003 08:00:09 -0000
From: "Wes Boyd, MoveOn.org" <moveon-help at list.moveon.org>
To: Paul Patton <ppatton at uiuc.edu>
Subject: 85,000 already.  We need more.

Dear MoveOn member,

So far, over 85,000 of us have signed up to be a part of Wednesday's
Virtual March on Washington.  It's been incredible.  That's well over
our goal of an average of one call per minute per Senate office.
If you haven't registered yourself, just go to:

   http://www.moveon.org/winwithoutwar/

Now, we really could use your help in getting calls committed in
the less populous states in the nation:

Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky,
Nebraska, Montana, Mississippi, Nevada, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South
Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, West Virginia, Wyoming.

If you live in one of these states, be sure to sign up.  Then call
friends and ask them to register and make the calls on February 26th.

If you're originally from one of these less populous states, now's
the time to call home and talk to friends and family.

The Virtual March has already been a tremendous success with news
coverage from all the major news outlets.  You can see our TV
commercial promoting the march, featuring Martin Sheen, on the
registration page:

   http://www.moveon.org/winwithoutwar/

The Virtual March on Washington is a first-of-its-kind group effort
from the Win Without War coalition.  Working together, we'll direct
a steady stream of phone calls -- more than one per minute, all day --
to every Senate office in the country, while at the same time
delivering a constant stream of emails and faxes.  Think of it as
a march -- one by one, we'll be passing through our Senators' offices
and the offices of the White House to let them know how we feel about
this war. You can sign up for your time to call or to place a free
fax right now at the link above.

Thanks for everything.

Sincerely,
--The MoveOn Team
  Carrie, Eli, Joan, Peter, Wes, Zack
  MoveOn.org
  February 23rd, 2003

P.S. Simultaneously, 7000 MoveOn members in 600 cities and towns
are making their voices heard in local communities -- in our
nationally-coordinated leafleting campaign.

You can join a leafleting team in your neck of the woods at:

   http://www.moveon.org/leaflets/